The IREDE Foundation (TIF) is a first of its kind (in Africa), not-for-profit organization focused on encouraging children living with limb loss (either acquired or congenital) to live a life of fulfillment.
Our vision is to see every child amputee become a champion; living without the limitations of missing limbs.
We have a mission to provide encouragement and empowerment to children living with congenital and acquired limb loss so they can confidently live a self-sufficient and fulfilled life; free of limitations and societal stigmatization.
Our process can be summarized as “Educate, Encourage and Empower”.
Charitable activities carried out in 2014
- Empowered ten (10) beneficiaries by providing them with prosthetic limbs (6 new and 4 replacements). Kelechi’s and Semilore’s stories are particularly inspirational
5 year old Kelechi Omeje had bilateral below the knee amputation for gangrene in 2011.
A bilateral second time prosthetic fitter, Kelechi is standing, walking, jumping and so full of life today. She is also doing very well in school.
Semilore Kosoko was discovered to have a missing femur in her right leg at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital a few days after birth
The mother came in contact with The IREDE Foundation in the last quarter of 2014 and Semilore was provided with an ortho-prosthesis.
Semilore now walks and plays unaided both in school and at home. She looks forward to her 3rd birthday in October with so much excitement.
- Conveyed the 2nd edition of our annual awareness walk tagged “Out on a Limb” to advocate support for child amputees and their families.
– More than 600 participants walked to put a smile on the faces of amputees.
– The walk focused on driving inclusions for children living with limb loss.
Please go to http://en.cncnews.cn/news/v_show/39866_Out_on_a_limb.shtml for pictures on the walk.
- Encouraged more than 10 families dealing with limb loss related issues via our Support Group System.
The Foundation’s plan for 2015 are as follows:
- Provide prostheses for 24 indigent child amputees
– Profile 50 child amputees
– Fit 16 new and 8 replacement prostheses
- Advocate support for Child Amputees and their families via
– Our Awareness Walk tagged “Out-on-a-Limb” to reach 1000 people
– Use of multimedia (TV, newsprint, social media, videos) and publications to reach 2000 people.
- Encourage 50 families dealing with limb loss related issues via our Support Group System.
– Amputee Ability Empowerment Program
– Quarterly Support Group Summits
Funds gotten frmo DASH 2015 will help us achieve our goals.
The Irede Foundation
To Support this Charity / Charitable Cause even after DASH project ends this year, Please send your donation to:
A/c Name: The Irede Foundation
Bank : GTBank
A/c No: 0126031730