So I saw this on Facebook and thought, How True! Are you a pre 90s baby? Do you agree?
Today’s kids are so spoilt that they don’t know that in our days you could be beaten for any of the following reasons:
1. Crying after being beaten.
2. Not crying after being beaten
3. Crying without being beaten
4. Standing while the elders are seated
5. Sitting while the elders stand
6. Walking around aimlessly where the elders are seated.
7. Replying back to an elder
8. Not replying back to an elder
9. Spending too much time without being beaten.
10. Singing after being admonished
11. Not greeting visitors
12. Eating food prepared for the visitors.
13. Crying to go with the visitors when the visitors are leaving.
14. Refusing to eat.
15. Coming back home after sunset
16. Eating at the neighbour’s home
17. Generally being moody.
18. Generally being too excited.
19. Fighting with your age mate and losing.
20. Fighting with your age mate and winning.
21. Eating too slowly
22. Eating too quickly
23. Eating too much
24. Sleeping while the elders had already woken up
25. Looking at the visitors while they are eating
26.Stumbling and falling when walking…
In other news, people complain about how kids of nowadays are so “spoilt” , they forget this age old but true verse:
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. – Proverbs 22:15
but really the Yoruba translation in the image captures it better for me – “Nah Madness”
So If your Kid is getting “spoilt”, do the needful, if the needful does not work, then maybe the “rod of correction” is required. Setting your kid right, Is it not worth the jail time?